Here is what I have done in Wellington this week:
- started and finished Radiohead or Horse_ebooks?. Err, it's a little internet-memey. But I think it mostly works, and it's live, so that's a good feeling. Exciting showing up in a city and working on a project.
- saw The 37th Situation. Brilliant! The premise: some guy once wrote a list of 36 situations that encompass every play ever. This ensemble staged a short 1-2 minute bit for each of the 36, running through them all in an hour. Reminiscent of Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind, which is exciting because either:
- they saw TMLMTBGB and were inspired to do a similar show (sound familiar, Sarah, Julie, Todd, Josh?), or
- they developed it independently, which means there's a bit of subgenre of this kind of thing, and therefore more of it
- met some Wellington CSers, and went to see another show that was not so good
- planned all the travel (this takes a surprising amount of time)
- drank all of the coffee; I think my favorite spots are Lamason downtown and People's in Newtown, but Memphis Belle is a close third.